July 2014 - Fire outlook for northern Australia
Top End fire forum ends with seasonal outlook.
In this July edition of the BNHCRC Hazard News:
- A report from the North Australia Fire Managers Forum
- A global research link for the CRC
- AFAC14 - have you registered for the extra bits?
- More Research to Drive Change online series to come
- A new student on the scene
Patchy areas of northern Australia face the prospect of an above normal bushfire season this year, due to above average rainfall in the months leading up to the main fire season.
The Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC Northern Australia Seasonal Bushfire Outlook for the Northern Territory, and northern Queensland and Western Australia, shows a mixed prospect mainly due to the high rainfall in most areas but an extended dry period across central and into southern Queensland.