Research Advisory Forum - Melbourne 2014
The second Research Advisory Forum (RAF) for 2014 was held at RMIT University in Melbourne on 3-4 December.
Unlike the first CRC RAF in Adelaide in March, this meeting focussed on only half the projects over the two days, with another RAF in early 2015 for the other half. This allowed for a more intensive discussion on the progress of each project as well as providing more opportunities for informal networking.
It is important for end-user partners to participate in the RAF to ensure the research priorities and activities are on track and fully supported.
The projects from the following clusters presented in Melbourne:
- Coastal Management
- Monitoring and Prediction
- Prescribed Burning and Catchment Management
- Next Generation Fire Modelling
- Hardening Buildings and Infrastructure
The RAF is an important CRC gathering held every six months. Each RAF will have two parallel activities:
- A briefing to senior management of CRC partners on the status and progress of the projects and an opportunity for comment.
- Face-to-face cluster level and project level team meetings to discuss research progress, directions and potential utilisation outcomes.
The projects in the Economics and Strategic Decisions and Resilience themes will present at the next RAF in April 2015.
The RAF is an activity that supports both the research and the utilisation aims of the CRC. The host partner for this event, RMIT University, provided an excellent venue for a productive and informative two days.
Building 80 Theatrette
445 Swanston Street