Student opportunities and plenty of research
February 2016's edition of Hazard News features:
- News - PhD students seek emergency management experience
- Hazard Note - research for better land management
- Research - earthquake, wind and flood research in action + how you can help
- Opportunity - Applications for PhD scholarships close soon
- Conferences - submit your abstract now and register for workshops
- Blogs - from the Research Manager and PhD students
- Online - several new journal papers
A team of CRC researchers has been measuring the shape and depth of the Clarence River bed in northern New South Wales as part of moves to improve flood forecasting for the area.
I recently took a short break from completing my PhD on bushfire architecture to visit Canberra and again see the rebuilding which occurred following the 2003 bushfires.