National focus on lessons management
CRC researchers Dr Christine Owen (University of Tasmania) and Dr Michael Eburn (Australian National University) will be among the line-up of keynote presenters at two-day national forum on lessons management to be held in Melbourne on November 16 and 17.
Lessons management leaders, researchers and practitioners representing all hazards and a range of organisations and industries – including emergency management, biosecurity and agriculture – will come together at the Lessons Management Forum to understand current and emerging practices and explore the research in this area nationally and internationally.
The two-day forum, hosted by AFAC, is open to all practitioners interested in the areas of lessons, performance and knowledge management as well as doctrine development, organisational learning and continuous review and improvement.
To find our more or to register for the event, click here.
Presentations at the forum include:
- Case studies on approaches from agencies including Emergency Management Victoria and the Department of Agriculture
- Engaging stakeholders and sponsors
- Barriers to adopting a lessons approach
- Evaluation frameworks and toolkits
- Lessons from Tasmania and South Australia fires
- Lessons from NSW SES largest response event.
- Lessons from corporate activities and the challenges involved.
For detailed event information, contact Nicola Laurence at AFAC, email@example.com.