News from the CRC
Abstract call for Korea fire conference
CRC projects are encouraged to submit an abstract for the 2015 International Wildland Fire Conference, which is sponsored by the Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC.
Abtracts are due by 31 May, via the conference website. Both oral and poster abstracts are encouraged.
Taking place Pyeongchang, Korea, from 12-16 October, this prestigious international conference is themed 'Fire of the past, fire in the future'. Although the conference is in Korea, sessions will be conducted in english.
The conference will consist of five plenary sessions and nine parallel sessions.
The plenary sessions will cover:
- Legacy of fire
- Community and wildland fire
- Towards a cohesive global fire management strategy
- Application of technology to wildland fire management
- Protecting the global natural and cultural heritage from fire
Parallel sessions are investigating:
- Wildland fire and ecosystems
- Wildland fire governance/policy
- Advanced technologies for wildland fire management
- Wildland fire and society
- Wildland fire safety and risk management
- Firefighting in Incident Command System
- Aerial firefighting and resource sharing/international cooperation
- Knowledge from country experience
- Fuel Management
Pyeongchang is also hosting the next Winter Olympics in 2018.