Turning warnings into action
Hazard Note 11 is an overview of the Communications and warnings cluster of research projects. The cluster has five linked studies:
- Connecting communities and resilience: A multi-hazard study of preparedness, response and recovery
- Managing animals in disasters
- Child-centred disaster risk reduction
- Improving the role of hazard communications in increasing residents' preparedness and response planning
- Community understanding of the tsunami risk and warning systems in Australia
This Hazard Note, available to download on the right, details the aim of each project, the work completed to date and the outcomes so far. More information about each project is available on the project pages, including completed reports referred to in the Hazard Note.
Additionally, the short video below features end user Andrew Richards from the NSW SES discussing the main problems the Communications and warnings cluster is trying to solve.