Research Advisory Forum - Canberra 2016
The Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC Research Advisory Forum (RAF) was held at the Australian National University in Canberra on 18 and 19 October 2016. This RAF focused on the physical science and engineering projects in the CRC research program:
- Monitoring and prediction
- Next generation fire modelling
- Prescribed burning and catchment management
- Hardening buildings and infrastructure
- Coastal management (Storm Surge project only, not the Extreme Water Levels project. No break out sessions for the coastal projects).
The RAF is an activity that supports both the research and the utilisation aims of the CRC. It allows for a more intensive discussion on the progress of each project, as well as providing more opportunities for informal networking. The format of the Canberra RAF was similar to past RAFs and included Three Minute Thesis presentations by 15 CRC PhD students.
All the presentations from the RAF are available from the resources tab below.
Where: Australian National University
Room: University House
When: Tuesday 18th & Wednesday 19th October 2016